The North Carolina Airport Technical Assistance Program (NC AirTAP) is a joint effort of ITRE, the NCDOT Division of Aviation Opens in new window, and the NC Airports Association Opens in new window to support the state’s public- and private-sector airport professionals. Through educational offerings, information resources and related assistance, NC AirTAP helps NC airports improve the safety, quality and efficiency of their operations and increase the use of new aviation materials and technology. The program also helps airport staff build a community network for exchanging best practices.
News and Events
Current topics, upcoming meetings and events for airport professionals from NC AirTAP, NCDOT Division of Aviation, NC Airports Association (NCAA), and related industry organizations. Contact us if your airport or organization has news and events to share.
- Airport Safety and Security, the fifth course in our NC Airport Leadership and Management Program (ALMP), will be held October 3 in Raleigh, NC. Details on this and other ALMP courses are posted on the Education and Training page.
- North Carolina: The State of Aviation report, produced by ITRE for the NCDOT Division of Aviation, highlights the significant economic impacts generated by the state’s public airports and the many assets that support a vibrant and competitive aviation and aerospace sector. Learn more on the NCDOT Division of Aviation website, and watch the video on YouTube.
- Airport Marketing Toolkit. From writing press releases to using social media, check out the Technical Resources page for best practice communication and marketing strategies that can help airports of any size improve your marketing efforts.
- NC AirTAP YouTube ChannelOpens in new window. Subscribe to our channel to stay informed when new training and informational videos are posted. Check out our first two instructional videos on Preparing Opens in new window and Submitting Opens in new window a Request for Aid (RFA) Application.
- ACRP Webinars. The Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) regularly hosts free webinars to learn about the latest research in airport management, operations, maintenance, safety and more. Check out upcoming webinar topics and dates on the Education and Training page.
ITRE is a leading resource to NCDOT and local transportation agencies for training and professional development. Our staff and instructors are skilled at developing courses and tailoring content to meet a variety of instructional needs for practitioners. Airport-related education and training activities are periodically offered through NC AirTAP, its partners, and other industry organizations. Select the Education and Training link to learn about current offerings, and contact us to help meet your airport’s specialized training needs.
NC AirTAP connects airport professionals to helpful technical publications and resources available from various industry organizations. Select the Technical Resources link to learn more, and contact us if your airport needs specific technical assistance or has a resource to share.