The North Carolina Airport Technical Assistance Program (NC AirTAP) is a joint effort of ITRE and the NCDOT Division of AviationOpens in new window, with support from the NC Airports AssociationOpens in new window, to provide educational offerings, information resources and related assistance to the state’s public- and private-sector airport professionals.
NC AirTAP helps NC airports improve the safety, quality and efficiency of their operations and increase the use of new aviation materials and technology. The program also helps airport staff build a community network for exchanging best practices.
News and Events
Check out the latest from NC AirTAP and related airport industry organizations. Contact us if your airport or organization has news and events to share.
- “Future Airport Opportunities,” the eleventh course in our NC Airport Leadership and Management Program (ALMP) series, is open for registration soon. Learn more about this and other ALMP courses on the Education and Training page.
- A second offering of ALMP Course 7, “The Fixed Based Operator,” is available as a fully on-demand online course. Details on this and other ALMP courses are posted on the Education and Training page.
- North Carolina: The State of Aviation report, produced by ITRE for the NCDOT Division of Aviation, highlights the significant economic impacts generated by the state’s public airports and the many assets that support a vibrant and competitive aviation and aerospace sector. Learn more on the NCDOT Division of Aviation website, and watch the video on YouTube.
- Airport Marketing Toolkit. From writing press releases to using social media, check out the Technical Resources page for best practice communication and marketing strategies that can help airports of any size improve your marketing efforts.
- ACRP Webinars. The Airport Cooperative Research Program (ACRP) regularly hosts free webinars to learn about the latest research in airport management, operations, maintenance, safety and more. Check out the Education and Training page for more details.
Get the NC AirTAP Advisor e-News!
Join our mailing list to receive emails on upcoming training courses, webinars, events and other topics of interest for airport professionals. Follow this link to read recent NC AirTAP Advisor postings.
ITRE is a leading resource to NCDOT and local transportation agencies for training and professional development. Our staff and instructors are skilled at developing courses and tailoring content to meet a variety of instructional needs for practitioners. Airport-related education and training activities are periodically offered through NC AirTAP, its partners, and other industry organizations. Select the Education and Training link to learn about current offerings, and contact us to help meet your airport’s specialized training needs.
NC AirTAP connects airport professionals to helpful technical publications and resources available from various industry organizations. Select the Technical Resources link to learn more, and contact us if your airport needs specific technical assistance or has a resource to share.
James Martin, PE
ITRE Associate Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 919-515-8620
NC AirTAP Program Coordinator
email@example.com | 919-515-8523
Communications and Training Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org | 919-515-8037
Stephanie Sudano, PE
NCDOT Multimodal Special Projects Engineer
email@example.com | 919-291-9796