Interested in becoming a school bus driver? Most LEAs in North Carolina are actively looking for people looking to drive a school bus either full or part time. You should contact your local district’s transportation department directly.
School Bus Endorsements
The North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles has useful information on getting your school bus driver license.
DMV/Commercial Drivers License Standards and Handbooks
- North Carolina Physical Performance Standards for School Bus Drivers (Draft Version)
- North Carolina Administrative Code – School Bus and Traffic Safety
- Handbook for School Bus Drivers / DMV License Processes
- HAZMAT ENDORSEMENT – Security Threat Assessment
- Public School Employee Exemption from HAZMAT Endorsement Requirement