The 2020 Budget Rating Simulator is available for downloading. This is not an update, but a completely new version of the simulator program updated for 2020.
Download the new Simulator (NOTE: Currently Requires Microsoft Office 2007 or newer)
There are several important notes in using the Simulator to predict budget ratings for next year:
- Update students transported from the September, 2019 student count, including those transported by contract transportation.
- Update the number of buses you will operate on regular routes for 91 days or more.
- Update Expenditures based on your estimates for 2019-2020.
And, to put everything back in “2018-2019” dollars:
- Enter the amount that you received for legislative increases this year (line 10 on your 2019 transportation funding sheet). The amount is listed on the Operating Data tab when doing simulations and must be entered by the user.
- Fuel – You will need to enter the fuel cost differential. This is entered on the Operating Data tab when doing simulations. Fuel cost averaged $2.15 during 2018-2019. The current per gallon average cost for the school year was $2.00 as of February.
- Deduct the amount that you receive in 2019-20 for early college, contingency, and any other special allotments (cameras, engines, etc)
- Make sure that you do NOT include ineligible expenditures from PRC 056 such as equipment, computers, etc. (Object codes 418, 541, 542, 641, 642)
Questions should be directed to DPI Transportation Services at (919) 807-3570.