ITRE’s Aviation programs provide expertise in Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), NextGen Aviation Technologies and Aviation Infrastructure, as well as statewide support for North Carolina’s airport professionals through the NC Airport Technical Assistance Program (NC AirTAP). Aviation-related training offerings are listed here. If you have questions about these offerings or other training needs, please contact Tom Zajkowski, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-515- 8523.
Nothing from December 11, 2018 to January 11, 2019.
NC Airport Leadership and Management Program (ALMP)
ALMP is a series of 11 training and continuing education courses designed for new and experienced NC airport officials, managers and operations staff. In development by the NCDOT Division of Aviation and NC AirTAP, the courses are being first offered in 2018-2019. Click here to learn more about ALMP and future course offerings.
Upcoming courses are listed below. Courses are offered at no cost, lunch is provided, and advance registration is required. Contact Tom Zajkowski, 919-515-8523, email@example.com for more information.
- Course 2: Airport Administration and Governance. November 28, 2018 in Raleigh. Click here to learn more and register. This 1-day course focuses on different ways airports can be organized and governed. Participants will also learn how their local airport fits into the national and state airport systems, and understand the many responsibilities of operating an airport.
- Course 1: Airport Rules, Regulations, Minimum Standards and Legal Issues. First offered July 2018; next offering to be announced. This 1-day course introduces participants to the numerous federal, state, and local regulations that apply to airport operations in North Carolina. Presentation includes an interactive workshop for participants to work on reviewing and revising their airport’s Rules and Regulations and Minimum Standards documents.
Airport Fueling Operations Workshop
NC AirTAP offers a half-day workshop covering fueling facts, safety, equipment inspection, and best practices. Open to NC airport managers, operations and maintenance staff, and consultants, the workshop includes classroom presentations and on-field demonstrations.
Upcoming workshops are listed below. The workshop is offered at no cost, lunch is provided, and advance registration is required. Contact Tom Zajkowski, 919-515-8523, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- December 6, 2018 at Stanly County Airport. 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Click here to learn more and register.
Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) Operations and Analytics Workshop
Presented in partnership with NC State’s Center for Geospatial Analytics, this 3-day, hands-on workshop covers UAS basics, hands-on training and flight mission demonstrations. Gain new skills, watch Unmanned Aerial Systems in action and learn how to produce quality products from imagery obtained and processed from UAS. The workshop is designed for:
- Anyone who already owns or plans to purchase a drone and would like to learn how to legally and efficiently use it in North Carolina.
- Industry leaders, government agencies and researchers seeking helpful tips and guidance for mapping with drones in a range of applications.
- Individuals and groups who want to learn how to turn data captured by UAS into maps and 3-D models.
Click here for complete workshop details and registration Opens in new window.
Airport Safety and Maintenance Workshop
NC AirTAP offers a 1-day workshop on performing an Airport Safety Self-Inspection, basic Lighting Maintenance and Repairs, routine Pavement Management, and preparing for Inclement Weather. NC airport operations and maintenance staff, administrators and consultants are invited to participate. Lunch is provided, and advance registration is required. The workshop is currently planned for these dates and locations:
- The next offering of this workshop is to be announced.
Workshop presenters include staff from the NCDOT Division of Aviation. Four (4) professional development hours (PDH) are awarded for NC Professional Engineers attending the workshop. All participants receive a certificate of attendance.